Friday, May 7, 2010

Theme and Motif: dreams

The dreams that I usually have that could actually have an affect on my reality is my mom getting mad at me for not telling her something. Just this week I dreamt that I hadn't told my mom that there was a half day and a meet on Saturday, so of course she starts yelling at me and telling me how I never tell her anything in advance. Dreams like these feel so real to me that when I actually thought about telling my mom the next day I thought I had, but later on remember that, no I had not informed her. To avoid the confrentation in my dream I told my mom in advance things that were going on in my life that week. Sometimes I have other dreams about boys or just weird things that make no sense, but I still think they all have some sort of impact on my life.


Romeo and I are alike in this way. No matter what kind of dream I have I think it has something to do with my actual life. One time I had a dream about this guy, so I thought well maybe I subcounsiouly like him and I don't know it or maybe he likes me and I should be avoiding it. Kind of how my dreams are my fate, in a way. Like Romeo thinks his dream about the party will eventually cause his death.


No comments:

Post a Comment