Thursday, June 17, 2010

The Conclusion

I feel like most of my blogs were written about what I know. Most of that very vague. I never really went into detail about anything. A couple of blogs made me think. Especially the blog about Romeo and dreams. That was probably the most fun I had had writing a blog all year long. I don't enjoy blogging because I don't like giving people the chance to critique my bad writing. I know if I really applied myself to writing I could do awesome, but it just seems like too much effort. A lot of people I know call me an over acheiver, but I will never see myself as one. I usually try to do the minimum amount of work to get myself at least a B. Next year I plan on applying myself more to my writing. I don't want to be embarrassed of my writing anymore. While looking back at my blogs I noticed that many of them are about how bad my writing is and how I wish I could fix it. (Blah, blah,blah) I think so many things over ride my need for school. In the blogs where I write about how bad a writer I am, I seem so clueless and I didn't find that it truely helped me at all like it was supposed to. Sometimes I think it's harder for me to write because the topics are always to dull and I never really want to think about the subject. It's so much easier to write about things I know and fully understand. For instance, writing about our summer reading list was a blast. I love to read and knew exactly what to say. Just thinking about that blog makes me excited to get every single one of those books and read them. If I was asked to write an essay on one of those books I could write a lot because they really interest me. I think the commentary for an essay like that would be a lot easier because, trust me, I have much to say about the books I read. I always drive my sister crazy telling her about the books I read...I also love talking to her about the books when we have both read them. One day I hope I can be a great writer and I can really look back and be thankful I took this class even though I never really wanted to... It was my most dreaded class and still is. The challenge of this class drives me crazy, but it also makes me want to suceed and be like "WOW! I can do anything!" Next year I will get an A in honors english. That would be a great confidence booster. I'm glad I took the challege with this class and as of now when I think of this class it's going to make me think of how I really could have done better on things I didn't do so great on, but it only motivates me to do better next year. "Men's best successess come after their dissapointments." Henry Ward Beecher. I may have dissapointed myself this year, but I will not let that happen again.

No comments:

Post a Comment